Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Pomegranate Cosmopolitan

So, I had this long blog planned, but you know, I saw two houses today, and it kind of wore me out. So instead, I’m going to share something dear to my heart: my favorite cocktail recipe, good for what ales you. (*snicker*): Pomegranate Cosmopolitans.

Here’s the trick. The ingredients are in ratios to one another. You’ll need:

Contreau
Vodka
Poma (Pomegranate Liquor)
Lime Juice (splashes to taste)
Cranberry or Pomegranate Juice


Here’s the mix ratio:

Equal parts Vodka and Poma
½ the amount of vodka in Contreau
Lime juice to taste
Cranberry or Pomegranate juice = to the above ingredient amount

Here’s the example: (I mixed it in a wine glass. Don't have martini glasses. I know. I'm so low rent!)

1 shot vodka, 1 shot Poma
½ shot Contreau
Healthy Blast of lime juice (tablespoon or more)
2 ½ shots cranberry or pomegranate juice

Make sure it’s nice and chilled. Goes done nice while slouched suggestively, listening to Sundown by Gordon Lightfoot, or even better: Damn, Wish I Was Your Lover, by Sophie B Hawkins. If you're going to do it with Sophie B. playing, opt for the ratio mix that starts with a cup each of vodka and poma. Somehow, I find mixing the batch vs. the single glass winds up with a way more satisfying brew.

Go ahead and get decorative with a lime slice, or some floaty bits like cranberries or sugar cubes. Yum Yum Yum. I love this cocktail and I hate vodka so that says something! Enjoy! (Just be responsible!)

No comments: