Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Summer Break is O-V-E-R

Summer Break is over. Certainly, reader, it was jammed full of adventures, or should I say misadventures? I think the difference between the two is merely a matter of perspective.

Now that it's cooler, my brain works a little better, and as per usual, it's back to the blogosphere for all the overflow churning up there.

Some wild stuff has transpired, like buying a house, and then putting one on the market. I know, backwards, yes, but considering the pace we move at here in Wonderland, the only way to manage a move without incurring prison time is over a LONG span of time, so it couldn't be helped. That means, soon, I will need to account for the infamous Final Walk Through. It's my swan song when my first place goes under contract, my fare thee well, so to speak. The new place, so far, has been international incident free, however, we have niether occupied it, nor held the housewarming. I anticipate at the very least, someone calling the law, and as to why they'd call, the options are limitless.

I've also been pondering next steps for the next book. I tend to get going in August. It's pretty intense. The hero is a classic Alpha, way old school romance take charge kind of guy. If I had to describe him I couldn't really, but, thank the Gods, the cheezey 80s can do it with a song; In the Dark by Billie Squire. Now, the Sentinel by Judas Priest would fit too. But his internal landscape, the fire that burns within, it's all In the Dark.


So I'll leave you with the lyrics to that song. Ah, yes, and one other thing. For those readers who recall my discussion about mad science, and the gentleman involved at the local university in growing carbon tubes for some unknown purpse - well, gang, a few months ago, a purpose was discovered and disclosed. The carbon tubes bend light in such a way as to appear 'invisible'. I swear to any God you name, that's the truth. The current plan in progress is to attempt to modify them into a fabric like structure, that when worn will bend light and conceal the wearer from view. For the RPG folks out there; yes, Virgina, there is a cloak of invisibility. Gods bless the nerds, and the twenty-sided dice, and Gary Gygax.

And now, back to the hero. Long story short: On the surface, he's quiet, calm, deadly ice. But inside, he's intense man wih a dangerous past, and a volcanic passion that's been bottled up and locked down for way too long. And as to this guy, and what's raging inside, it's In the Dark, so to speak. When I hear this I think about him, and it makes me wonder, who is it he's calling to in his darkness?

In the Dark, by Billie Squire
*****************************
Life isn't easy from the singular side
Down in the hole some emotions are hard to hide
It's your decision it's a chance that you take
It's on your head it's a habit that's hard to break

Do you need a friend?
Would you tell no lies?
Would you take me in?
Are you lonely in the dark? In the dark? In the dark. In the dark...

You never listen to the voices inside
They fill your ears as you run to a place to hide
You're never sure if the illusion is real
You pinch yourself but the mem'ries are all you feel

Can you break away from your alibis?
Can you make a play?
Will you meet me in the dark? In the dark? In the dark. In the dark...

Don'tcha need me...hey, hey
Don'tcha need me...oh yea
Don'tcha leave me...hey, hey
Don'tcha need me...oh yea

You take no int'rest no opinion's too dear
You make the rounds and you try to be so sincere
You guard your hopes and you pocket your dreams
You'd trade it all to avoid an unpleasant scene

Can you face the fire when you see me there?
Can you feel the fire?
Will you love me in the dark...

No comments: